I was doing an exercise by one of my favorite bloggers this week where you describe yourself in third person like you’re a character, and I realized that I was basically describing Kora Ingensra from the Beka Cooper books (minus the ability to throw knives, but that’s okay because my friend is teaching me this summer, yay). I am 1000% okay with this, and “What would Koramin Ingensra do” is my new life motto.
Then my friend pointed out that my boyfriend is basically Ersken Westover. Too perfect for words.
No sympathy for rapists, no sympathy for abusers, no sympathy for those who side with them. No excuses for their behavior, no justifications, no exceptions.
“hella cute questions”
— 1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
4. Are you easy to get along with?
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
15. What good thing happened this summer?
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
19. Do you like bubble baths?
20. Do you like your neighbors?
21. What are you bad habits?
22. Where would you like to travel?
23. Do you have trust issues?
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
26. What do you do when you wake up?
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
30. Do you ever want to get married?
31. If your hair long enough for a pony tail?
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
40. What do you want to do after high school?
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
43. Do you smile at strangers?
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
46. What are you paranoid about?
47. Have you ever been high?
48. Have you ever been drunk?
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about?
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore?
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. Favourite makeup brand?
54. Favourite store?
55. Favourite blog?
56. Favourite colour?
57. Favourite food?
58. Last thing you ate?
59. First thing you ate this morning?
60. Ever won a competition? For what?
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what?
62. Been arrested? For what?
63. Ever been in love?
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
65. Are you hungry right now?
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends?
67. Facebook or Twitter?
68. Twitter or Tumblr?
69. Are you watching tv right now?
70. Names of your bestfriends?
71. Craving something? What?
72. What colour are your towels?
72. How many pillows do you sleep with?
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have?
75. Favourite animal?
76. What colour is your underwear?
77. Chocolate or Vanilla?
78. Favourite ice cream flavour?
79. What colour shirt are you wearing?
80. What colour pants?
81. Favourite tv show?
82. Favourite movie?
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2?
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street?
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo?
87. First person you talked to today?
88. Last person you talked to today?
89. Name a person you hate?
90. Name a person you love?
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now?
92. In a fight with someone?
93. How many sweatpants do you have?
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have?
95. Last movie you watched?
96. Favourite actress?
97. Favourite actor?
98. Do you tan a lot?
99. Have any pets?
100. How are you feeling?
101. Do you type fast?
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
103. Can you spell well?
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
105. Ever been to a bonfire party?
106. Ever broken someone’s heart?
107. Have you ever been on a horse?
108. What should you be doing?
109. Is something irritating you right now?
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
111. Do you have trust issues?
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
113. What was your childhood nickname?
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state?
115. Do you play the Wii?
116. Are you listening to music right now?
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup?
118. Do you like Chinese food?
119. Favourite book?
120. Are you afraid of the dark?
121. Are you mean?
122. Is cheating ever okay?
123. Can you keep white shoes clean?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
125. Do you believe in true love?
126. Are you currently bored?
127. What makes you happy?
128. Would you change your name?
129. What your zodiac sign?
130. Do you like subway?
131. Your bestfriend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do?
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
134. Can you count to one million?
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed?
137. How tall are you?
138. Curly or Straight hair?
139. Brunette or Blonde?
140. Summer or Winter?
141. Night or Day?
142. Favourite month?
143. Are you a vegetarian?
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
145. Tea or Coffee?
146. Was today a good day?
147. Mars or Snickers?
148. What’s your favourite quote?
149. Do you believe in ghosts?
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? (via castielspring)
ask me please
Ask me shit yo.
I’ve managed to gain even more respect for Tamora Pierce while rereading “The Will of the Empress” recently. Something I didn’t realize reading it the first time— it’s basically all about rape culture. One of the characters talks about how instead of teaching their men to respect women, they teach their women to hide and put new restrictions on them to keep them from being kidnapped and held until they sign a marriage contract. Her husband says that not all men are that way, but her point is that any man could be that way.
The Empress herself was kidnapped twice and escaped both times, so she won’t do anything to help others since she has this twisted idea that since she escaped, any woman who can’t obviously isn’t strong enough to be worth anything. However, the truth of the matter is that a man kidnapping the Empress would not want to bruise her or tie her quite as tightly as he might some “commoner” woman.
(I promise I won’t just be talking about Tamora Pierce forever, as much as I love her and her work. I’ve been rereading the “Circle” books, and there’s a lot to talk about!)
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum (via gottaquoteit)
i just realized that maria hill reports directly to fury and natasha reports directly to fury and melinda may reports directly to fury and they’re the only ones we see regularly speaking to him
all three of director fury’s closest lieutenants are women how metal is that
But HOW? He wasn’t even NEAR the fridge in that scene. That implies he literally walked on set and into a fridge that wasn’t even in the way because of Redford. And then you sit there and giggle about it. YOU DORK.
look im not saying that kissing bucky would have restored all his memories im just saying steve could have at least tried
-THIS IS THE BEST PARAGRAPH FROM THE BEST REVIEW OF CAP2 I HAVE READ (HERE) http://hellotailor.blogspot.de/2014/04/captain-america-winter-soldier-tragedy.html
Marvel Sequels: No One Ever Gets a Haircut
Okay, but trans man Edmund Pevensie, right? He’s constantly being told that he’s getting too old to be pretending to be a boy (and Peter and Susan have started calling him Ed, no longer “indulging” him with Edmund), which has hardened him, made him bitter. His dad’s off at war and he’s stuck out in the middle of the country with his siblings and he just feels so ignored. Middle child, feelings denied, so of course he’s going to go along with this magnificent stranger who calls him a Son of Adam and listens when he speaks.
It takes Aslan acknowledging Edmund as a man before Susan and Peter realize what Edmund has been saying is true. And yes, his betrayal hurts, but now that they realize they’ve been betraying him for so long by denying his words, so how could it even compare? And trust is hard earned, years pass and mistakes get fewer and far between, so he eases a little, where he used to tense up, and relishes this freedom.
Going back to the real world hurts a little more every time. The first time, he stayed in Narnia for so long that he’d almost forgotten what it was like to be referred to as “she.” The first time he’s misgendered (only days in the real world, but decades in Narnian time), it’s in a note from his mother, and he wanders back into the wardrobe and cries. He knows there’s nothing in there but musty old coats and a wooden back panel, but he scratches gashes into the paneling anyway, desperately trying to find a way back in. (Lucy understands. She sits in the darkness with him and rubs his back while he sobs himself sick.)
Then he’s back in Narnia again and Caspian so easily refers to him as king and it hurts just as much as it feels so comfortable, so right. He doesn’t know how long this is going to last, doesn’t know if he’d rather grow up here again or leave before he gets comfortable.
It’s almost too much when he’s sent back a third time. Eustace learns the truth and seeing Caspian is like coming home and then just like that, his time in Narnia is done. He and Lucy will never come back. He’ll never be called a king or thought of as a son and he trusted Aslan, so why is this happening to him? He should be able to stay in this place where people know who he is and don’t treat him with cruel indifference. But he trusts Aslan, so he leaves.
He returns home with Lucy and Eustace and yes, his aunt and uncle and mother and father still call him a her, won’t call him Edmund, but Lucy will. Eustace does. And Peter and sometimes Susan. And it’s not right and it’s not enough, but if being a king has taught him anything, it’s patience and strength, compassion and discipline. So he bears it, though it weighs down on him. He bears it, though he gets yelled at for binding his breasts and gets caned at school for wearing his hair short and refusing skirts.
Because he’s always going to have Narnia. Every time someone accepts who he is, a little piece of Narnia returns to him. And he knows, somehow, he’s going to get back to Narnia one day.
Assemble by Blule
— Roald Dahl (via fuckinq)